We’ve been working with our developers to roll out our next update, and it has now gone live! This update involves reindexing submissions, and this process will likely continue through most of Friday. Parts of users’ galleries may not be visible during this process, so if it looks like you have a few submissions missing, don’t worry – those will show up soon.
Here are the updates for the site.
Activity History Feed
The Activity History feed is a record of the activity for all the people you follow on Furry Network. Previously, the Activity History feed was text only – there was no way to view submissions or promotions without clicking on the item in the feed.
The feed has been changed to have a visual element. Now, published artwork appears large on the feed, and any promotions or comments have a smaller icon on the feed item. This way, you can get a quick glance at the submission and see if this is an artist that may interest you.
As a quick note, favorites still do not appear in the Activity History – these remain private to you. If there is something stellar that you want your followers to see, though, hit promote!
Sorting By Most Popular
For several months, sorting by popular has been frozen on past submissions; the “Most Popular Last Week” and “Most Popular Last Month” sections were identical, and there wasn’t any movement in the submissions over time.
We corrected this issue, and the sorts now work correctly. The popular feeds now react in real time to the activity on the site, updating as submissions are viewed, receive comments, and are favorited or promoted. We want our users to find some of the most outstanding content on the site, and this will make discovering fantastic creations much easier.
Full Change Log
- Added outlines to blank area when scrolling down.
- Changed users’ activity to show content when promoting, commenting, or publishing.
- Fixed issue with not being able to remove the first tag from the Global Blacklist
- Popular feed fixed so it updates regularly.
- Changed What’s New feed to truncate automatically, avoiding site slowing when a large feed is cleared.
- Corrected issue with imported items appearing in a random order.
- Extended login tokens from a week to a month.
- Not all gallery items are appearing in users’ gallery – should be resolved as gallery submissions are reindexed through February 17th.
- What’s New feed is not showing recent submissions, and some past submissions are appearing multiple times.
These site changes have come in preparation for commission testing. Originally, we had planned to begin testing at the end of January or the beginning of February, but we wanted to make sure the rest of the website was functioning well. We are still aiming to begin testing before February is over.
We are also working on a text editor for the site. At the moment, the tools to format stories and journals on Furry Network are nonexistent. Our developers have put together tools that will allow easier formatting, and this is expected to be implemented in the next site update.
We appreciate your enthusiasm, and we hope these changes will help you find and share content that you absolutely love!
-Digby and the Furry Network team